The Boomerang Nano is one of the best known RC jets ever produced and has helped many pilots gain their 'jet wings'. Following a break from the market for a couple of years, the Nano is now back, having been redeveloped and updated to give it a new lease of life, and with two bold new colour schemes. This Roulette colour scheme is styled after the famous Royal Australian Air Force's formation aerobatic display team the 'Roulettes'.
The Nano was designed with practicality in mind, the airframe disassembles into 6 parts for easy storage and transport, but if a little more space is available then just remove the wing panels and to enable the rest of the model to fit into many estate cars still assembled.
The structure is built from precision computer cut balsa and ply parts and finished in a high quality iron-on film whilst the shaped inlets are pre-painted fibreglass. This keeps the airframe light and strong while still providing easy access. The added advantage of this style of construction is it allows for easy maintenance and straightforward repairs should the worst happen. The huge top section of the fuselage is removable as an almost full length hatch making this one of the most practical jets on the market. The build is not much more complicated than an average ARTF model, this aided by a detailed 32 page instruction manual.
In flight the Nano shows the reason it has built such a great reputation as an all-round sport jet. The Nano is extremely predictable and has a benign stall - the wing loading is low but not ultra-light so it handles wind well and produces a predictable 'jet' like glide slope. The control surfaces offer superb aerobatic agility and strong control authority at a wide range of flight speeds. Deploy the large centre flap and the Nano slows down dramatically, making it ideal for use off grass fields.
The Nano suits turbines in the 44-70N thrust range, and when powered by suitable turbines the Nano is perfect for a newcomer to jets or a seasoned pilot looking for an 'all around' sports model. It is the ideal first jet or a great practical sport flying jet.
• Wide flight performance envelope
• Multiple colour schemes available
• Precision built wooden structure
• Effective flaps for improved slow speed performance
• Suitable for grass fields
• Disassembles for easy transport
Required to Complete
• 40-70N Thrust turbine (+ relevant running/installation equipment)
• 2.4GHz 6-8 Channel transmitter and receiver combo
• 7 Servos (2x standard 6.5kg/cm, 2x standard 4.5kg/cm, 1x standard 9kg/cm, 1x standard MG 6kg/cm, 2x standard 6.5kg/cm, 1x mini 6.5kg/cm)
• Retract set (F-BJLG-NANO)
• Composite fuel tank (L-BJ001FT)
• 6V battery (O-5EN2500AASF)
• Various extension leads
• Various tools & glues