The Sand Rover attracted many hobbyists to the exciting world of R/C in the early days of the radio control buggy era. Originally released in 1981, the R/C Sand Rover featured simple construction and a dune buggy body design. To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Tamiya is matching the classic buggy body with the modern, easy-to-assemble DT-02 chassis, making it perfect for those who are new to R/C hobby.
• 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
• The durable resin body is molded in white and may be finished using Tamiya Color paints.
• The DT-02 chassis is equipped with a 4-wheel independent suspension with coil spring dampers.
• 380 size motor included and is coupled with a 10T pinion gear (gear ratio=15.768:1)
• Fully-enclosed gearbox protects against dirt and debris.
• Ribbed front and spiked rear tires
• Semi-finished driver figure (pre-painted face & hat) included.
• Included Type 380 motor can be replaced with Type 540 motor to increase speed and power.
• Tamiya TEU-104BK forward and reverse brushed motor speed control. (equipped with low voltage protection feature)