Many RC pilots got their first taste of flying a Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capable airplane with the original E-flite® Timber® 1.5m model. Its fly-almost-anywhere abilities, friendly handling and nimble sport performance helped it become one of the most popular RC aircraft of all time. The Turbo Timber 1.5m marks the latest evolution of the iconic design with the addition of metal-geared servos, a 3S and 4S compatible power system, plus a turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade propeller for more performance and capabilities than ever before.
• Incredible Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
• High-power 3S and 4S compatible 50A ESC and outrunner motor with 3-blade prop
• Stiffer wing for improved aileron authority, roll rates and handling
• Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
• Six durable and factory-installed metal-geared servos
• Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
• Includes optional-use floats with steerable rudders for flying from water
• Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
• Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
• Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
• Fast and easy bolt-together assembly- no glue required
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails- even local lakes and ponds- you can fly off of these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The shock-absorbing landing gear is equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels that soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. The included float set matches the trim scheme of the airplane and features dual water rudders for superb steering control. Whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) Capable
The Turbo Timber's wing is designed with features like drooped wingtips, functional slotted flaps and to accept optional-use leading edge slats (included) for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design and high-power brushless motor, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. The Turbo Timber also features a stiffer wing that improves aileron authority and roll rates, plus it's equipped with more durable and reliable metal-geared servos all around.
Like the original, the Turbo Timber 1.5m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled easily bolt into place, the Turbo Timber can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-piece wing also makes transport and storage as convenient as possible.
Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) model comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!
Needed to Complete
Full-range, 5+ channel transmitter and receiver
2200- 3200mAh 3S or 4S 11.1- 14.8V LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector (SPMX22003S30 or SPMX22004S30 recommended)
Compatible LiPo charger
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite Turbo Timber 1.5m with:
(1) 50A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Micro Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
(1) Set of Optional-Use Floats
(1) Product Manual
||6-8 Minutes (Approx.)
||1.61-1.7Kg (57-60oz) Approx.
||50A Brushless (Inc.)
||BL10 800kV Brushless (Inc.)
||Metal Gear - 9g (Inc.)
||2200mAh 3-4S w/EC3 LiPo (Req.)